10 Tips Buying Shun Knives
10 Tips Buying Shun knives. when buying new cutlery, it can be difficult to find helpful information. This includes finding great places to buy a shun knife, who has the better deal, and what to do when you get your new knife. These following 10 buying tips will guide you through the buying process and to finally put your knife to work.
- Purchase a Shun Knife based on your needs. For example, if you are doing prep work a chef knife and a utility knife may be all you need. If you are working with protein, then consider getting a utility knife Shun Yanagiba, Shun Hollow Ground Chef Knife, or Blue Shun Butchery. Understand what Shun knife is best for the purpose you will need it for.
- Select Shun cutlery that is comfortable. For example, octagon handles are better for others than D-Shape handles which are more common. I prefer the octagon because my hands are larger than the normal hands. Another example includes deciding on the blade length because a 6 inch Shun chef knife is more comfortable for someone with small hands than a 8 inch or 10 inch chef knife.
- Select reliable and reputable place to buy a Shun knife. On the Walmart review section you will see several complaints about DOA or ( damaged on arrival) products. Amazon has a great review section which is why I highly recommend them and for other reasons ( but more on that in the following tips). Williams-Sonoma also has a great review rating for their Shun cutlery.
- Select a retailer for the best price. When buying a shun knife, select retailers that offer better prices. Companies that offer great deals for Shun cutlery include Amazon, William-Sonoma, Crate and Barrel, and Cutlery and More. These retailers offer great prices as well as reputations. You can also save a ton with these companies with the next tip.
- Use coupons and deals to get a better deal on Shun Cutlery. This is why I normally recommend Amazon for Shun knifes. You can easily get Amazon gift cards from phone apps and online surveys. You can get coupons from retail me not or from the Amazon website. Free Shipping on $100 dollars or more, which is easy to accomplish when buying Shun knives. You can also get coupons from Retail Me Not for other reliable retailers such as William-Sonoma, Crate and Barrel, and Cutlery and More. Use Coupons and deals to lower the cost.
- Register on shun.kaiusaltd.com to register for the warranty. Shun cutlery provides a life time limited warranty for their Shun knives. The warranty is great because you get free Shun sharpening and replacement if there are any defects determined by Kai Shun LTD.
- Purchase a honing steel, if you don’t already have one. Honing steels are great for keeping the edge of the blade straight between uses. Honing steel can be used for most Shun Cutlery including the shears.
- Wait Patiently while your Shun knives arrive. This is the hardest part of buying shun knives, waiting. I recommend day dreaming about all the recipes you plan to make with your new knife.
- Wash your Shun blade after getting your knife. I recommend this because you want to inspect your knife and ensure there are no scratches or damage to the edge.
- Enjoy your new Shun Knife. Get out there and make some magic. Put that new knife to work.
If you found this helpful please share and leave us a comment. We would also love to see what Shun knives you have, share with us on social media. Send us your Tips Buying Shun knives in the comments below.